On Aug 15, 2013 11:00 AM, "Herbert Duerr" <h...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Error message from Linux 32bit build bot says:

/home/buildslave20/slave20/openoffice-linux32-nightly/build/main/svgio/source/svgreader/svgsvgnode.cxx:
>> In member function 'virtual const basegfx::B2DRange*
>> svgio::svgreader::SvgSvgNode::getCurrentViewPort() const':

/home/buildslave20/slave20/openoffice-linux32-nightly/build/main/svgio/source/svgreader/svgsvgnode.cxx:636:71:
>> error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
>

> This bug was only found by the buildbot because it has a recent version
of the compiler. This proves yet again that buildbots as code quality
testers are very valuable.

> There is an interesting discrepancy:
> - builds for a wide test audience are best created for the greatest
common denominator target which on Linux requires that they are built on
very old systems
> - compile testing should best be done on very up-to-date buildbots but
the usability of their build output is usually quite limited

> Maybe we should reserve some buildbots to be always up-to-date whose
purpose is just for compile testing. Only their build reports with warnings
and errors should be kept and the builds themselves be should be discarded.

If we make such a setup correct on the centOS box, the footprint of the vm
wille be smalll, and can even be tarted on demand. I have a similar setup,
the vm only contains build environment, no svn files, they are attached as
local network drives (very fast). Starting/stopping can be done by making a
buildbot job for the centos.

that way we can have multiple test env.

rgds
jan i