On 8/15/13, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> On 14/08/2013 Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>>>
>>> I created this page:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/File+handling+proposal+for+logos+and+graphics
>>

>> Seems reasonable as it is now. But I'm not scared that much about
>> duplication.
>>
>> The "branding" area is meant to contain reference materials: an official
>> vector version of the logo with a couple of pixel-perfect PNG exports

not really, for that reason "trademark" should hold another copy too.
Point is that it wasn't created for those porpouses, and I think the
whole community shun the active repo in art and marketing.

>> (all
>> with clearer names of course). It could also contain a reference square
>> icon
>> (with the orb), and maybe a reference favicon: anything that we use as
>> branding source on official channels.
>>
>> Unapproved variations do not belong to "branding". And probably themed
>> logos
>> do not belong there too. So the official logo would be in branding but
>> also
>> in http://www.openoffice.org/images/ ; and a themed logo would be in
>> http://www.openoffice.org/images/ only.
>>

> But where do the source files (SVG's) for the themed logos go?

It should have always gone to marketing/art/ either on the www-site or
on the wiki. www-site is fine to have SVG because it allow us to
modify slightly the artwork for webdev porpouses.

> -Rob
>

>> Regards,
>>   Andrea.

Alexandro Colorado