Regardless, I think this is something the AOO community should support at least
until distributions such as Debian and Ubuntu start shipping AOO.
Adding the source packages is probably not a very big thing to do (Marcelo?),
but any help from the AOO Dev community should certainly help get it there.

That said, it would also be nice to see some KDE integration. Using Marcelo's
repo I did install it, but since I use KDE I don't get the benefit of file
registrations, menus, etc.
The GNOME package was provided by AOO. Please do a KDE one too.

These things are little things that will help adoption of AOO go a long ways.

$0.02,

Ben