On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A related issue is: why so many emails with the (irrelevant) subject:
>
> "Reporting a problem with the Open Office website"

that's the pre-constructed subject for the  first entry in:
"If you have technical problems with one of the Apache OpenOffice
websites.."

this was put in a few weeks ago, so folks using this email section would
get more of an indication about what the subject they're sending about.

But we are still getting product problem reports this way. I would still
recommend removing the first reference to contacting the developers,
however.

If folks really do need an immediate e-mail on this Contact Us page, we
could easily put in a mailto: to "us...@openoffice.apache.org" the way
we've done with contact the developers. This would go through moderation,
but at least it would be going to a more appropriate mailing list. Is this
a good idea?