I'm working on one more idea where I don't use a background.
Using a background circle or square requires you to have padding inside
before you can draw in it.

It was a eureka moment "these icons at 16x16 and 32x32 would look a lot
bigger and crisper if I didn't have them inside a circle or square"
When I have my last idea posted you will understand.

As for the about dialog box, I think that is low priority, as it is a big
improvement from 3.x.
We have some other areas where we can make a bigger impact visually.
If there is another area of the application that you feel needs a refresh
let us know, ie font dialog, .

Samer