On 10/10/2013 11:53 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:01:09PM -0400, Samer Mansour wrote:
Hello,

I'm proposing to have the icons (and related assets) updated for AOO
4.1 release. I would like to take the responsibility to see this gets
done.

Here is the icons that need to be updated:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Desktop+Icons

I like the flat icons very much.

Related asset:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4.1+-+Application+And+Launcher

You can see two examples of ideas on the first link. You can also
suggest your own ideas verbally by commenting on the wiki page or
visually by attaching it to the wiki. (Please don't reply ideas in
this mailing list, let us know if you have trouble)

I am putting a deadline for the idea submission and discussion in 30
days, November 9th, 2013.  Once we reach the deadline, we will have
a separate discussion for optimizing for the best user experience.

This is not a contest or a call for public proposals. This is regular,
needs to be done, no-bikeshedding-please work. When the deadline Nov
9th arrives, if there is more than one viable solution, we will try to
reach consensus without a end user vote.  eg. We will not be doing
what we did with the logo, that was a special case because it is the
face of AOO.

Samer Mansour

The About dialog does not look good with the orb in the header, the old
version looked nicer than the current one

Old version:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/AboutDialog.png

Current one, removing the orb from the header:
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/AboutDialog410.png

Looks very nice.

Peter

To test different approaches, just replace about.png in the program
folder (where soffice.exe is located), for example with this one
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/images/about.png (there is no need to
restart the application).

Regards