Am 10/31/2013 11:35 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Andrea Pescetti<pesce...@apache.org>  wrote:
On 29/10/2013 Rob Weir wrote:

And here is a draft of the landing page we'd send users to who have an
older version of OOo if there is not an AOO version in their language:
http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/eol-nl.html

This will be very useful to attract volunteers. A few questions/remarks:

1) Can we avoid that all languages are notified at the same time? For
example, Danish and another language have been at 100% for about one month
and I hope we can release them in November. While Arabic is a language where
we can use more volunteers right now.

We can control it.  But we have Arabic in 3.4.1 so they would not get
this notification.   But there are around 11 other languages that had
full releases in 3.3.0 that are not supported in 4.0.1.   There are
more that were only supported via langpack's in 3.3.0, but our update
notifications are only for full version updates.

2) Can the title be changed so that it doesn't look an obituary to
non-native speakers? Like "Please upgrade to OpenOffice 4.0.1 - or help
translating it into your language". Or anything that cannot be understood as
"OpenOffice is dead".

"End of Life" is a common industry term, but it is fine to make the
title more friendly.

Right, EOL is an widely used and understood term. Therefore we should not change things that we believe that could be misunderstood by a few people. Up to today I don't know of a single case were this led to a misunderstanding.

So, I don't see a real need to change the title as it is clear that not the software is meant in general but a special part of it only.

Marcus

3) Link to the l10n list must be fixed (last line).

Yes.

Regards,
   Andrea.