Am 05/19/2014 09:17 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
Am 05/19/2014 09:51 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 29/04/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
The main point is *where you are* in the CMS Browse View when you click
on the "Update" link.

I tried several times, but I'm not sure it works for me. Maybe it works
if we see "update" as "update this directory".

Example to update and publish only a file:
1. In your browser open, e.g.,
"www.openoffice.org/my-dir/my-subdir/index.html".
2. Open the CMS via the bookmarklet.
3. Click on the link "[Edit]" in the row of the "index.html" file.
4. Click on the link "[Update]".
5. Do your changes in the file.
6. Commit your changes.
7. On the following page click on the link "[Publish]".

In the last days I tried to do this for the main index.html page and for
the download/devbuilds.html page. I commit to SVN directly (so I don't
use the CMS for editing pages), but the rest works as you describe. So I
browse to download/ in the CMS and when I update it downloads my changed
devbuilds.html page and nothing else. But then, when I publish, if I

Then you have update the *complete directory* but *not the single file*.

OK, I'll do it again:

1. Open w.oo.o/index.html
2. Login via CMS bookmarklet
3. Click on [Edit] in the row for "index.html"
4. Click on [Update] on the top
5. Only this file was updated
6.
click "View diff" I see all the changes in "download".

So maybe committing through SVN means that I'm forced to update the
directory, and thus if I change the main index.html file I must publish
the whole site, and if I change devbuilds.html I must publish the whole
subtree (download/) containing it? In that setup, indeed I wasn't able
to find a command like "Update this file only".

No, SVN is outside of this. I do it like you. It's like I wrote on the top:

The main point is *where you are* in the CMS Browse View when you click
on the "Update" link.

That means:
When you are in a directory, e.g., "download/" and click on "Update"
then you get every new thing of this directory.

But when a single file, e.g., "devbuild.html" is shown and you click on
the "Update" link then only this file is updated and nothing else.

Please can you try it and confirm?

had you already a chance to retry?

Thanks

Marcus