On 06/22/2014 11:31 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 06/22/2014 07:54 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>> On 19/06/2014 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>> I've looked again to Andrea's idea to outsource the JS creation of the
>>> green box into a separate file and think now it's great with regard to
>>> other NL webpages. Then only one file needs to be changed and it will
>>> work for all - for all that have included the JS function call. ...
>>
>> Thanks! I created msg_prop_l10n_it.js and used the new "boxed download"
>> to repair http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/ that is now looking
>> much nicer and far easier to maintain hopefully.
>
> yes, hopefully. Let's see what the "target audience" will say. ;-)

>>> This increases the complexity for the translators. For the colored boxes
>>> they have to translate just a JS file that contains all strings. But for
>>> the nav bar it's needed to translate the content directly in the HTML
>>> file? Hm.
>>
>> Here it is very good to have the different "boxes" available. For
>> example, translators may want to use the right column for information
>> about specific resources. In that case, they will hand-code that div
>> instead of relying on the generated JavaScript. For the Italian download
>> page we use custom links, and thus we build a custom div, no problem.
>
> I've added all colored boxes, the nav bar and the little logo section to
> the separate file (plus all the strings into the
> "msg_prop_l10n_<ISO-code>.js") as separate functions.
>
> Now you have the full freedom: Use it when it fits for the respective
> webpage or translate yourself. :-)
>
> Marcus

OK, I took a look at what you have going in /download/test and I think
this version  is pretty good. What you've done by isolating the box
creations is good if we want to enable them or not for certain sites.

So, I am going to use this later version to port to new /download areas
for the native language sites that don't have this structure...yet. then
we can call for volunteers to help with the rest of translation.