On 28 June 2014 14:58, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/06/2014 Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>
>> On 06/14/2014 05:39 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>
>>> It seems http://oooforum.org/ is still unresponsive. ...
>>>
>> Why do you need to hear from Ed before you mirror the data. ... I
>>
>> did send an email to all of the email accounts that I have for him. If
>> he does not respond to that, I will give him a call. When I googled him
>> based on name and phone number, I found an obituary that matches
>>

> I wasn't considering the possibility of such a sad and tragic event, I
> really hope it's another person too. In any case, the site is still
> unresponsive/unusable. If we can get, in some way, the oooforum.org
> domain transferred to Apache, and a full backup of the content (the
> database and the phpbb code, with all mods applied), we can probably move
> that forum to Apache with no legal worries (and then we'd use it as an
> archive only, and transition users to the official forum).
>
> Otherwise, everything will be gone in 5 months when oooforum.org expires,
> if nobody is going to renew it.

Just because the dns name expires the site remains active, adressable by ip
addr.

Getting a domain transferred needs a signature from the current domain
owner, whereas we can sign up for it now, and when it becomes available in
5 month we automatically get it.

The site itself might expire long before that, I cannot find public records
about when that is due.

rgds
jan I