Hi Andrea,

is it the same for git?

@Ariel: Aren't you using git? How do you make multi-line commit messages?

Kind regards
Regina

Andrea Pescetti schrieb:
Regina Henschel wrote:
I still fail to write multi-line commit messages. When I use
git commit -a --amend -m ???
What do I have to write for ??? for to get
#i123456 Title of the issue
Patch by: an author

If you leave the -m out, the editor is started and you can write your
message there. Otherwise, I usually simply type the newline (i.e., I
press Enter to break the line):
$ git commit [options] -m "#i123456# Title of the issue
 > Patch-by: Full Name <em...@example.org>"

Is #i123456 the right syntax to automatically generate a post to the
issue?

As far as I know, "#i123456#" is the best syntax. It does work with our
Bugzilla bots, even though other conventions work too. I updated
http://openoffice.apache.org/svn-basics.html
accordingly, as discussed here with Kay a few days ago.

Regards,
   Andrea.