Hi Ariel,

Ariel Constenla-Haile schrieb:
Hello Regina,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 07:30:53PM +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Andrea,

is it the same for git?

@Ariel: Aren't you using git? How do you make multi-line commit messages?

Yes. You can use the editor if you omit the --message="..." option, or
use that option and press Enter before closing the quotation:

git commit --amend --message="This is a commit message[press Enter here]
[Press Enter here]
This is the third line. [Press Enter here]
This is the fourth line." [<---- close the message quotation and press Enter]

I think, I have understand it now.

Test all this with a dummy testing repository:

cd ~/
git init testrepo
cd testrepo
touch test.txt
git add test.txt

and then try commiting and editing the commit message, then look at the
log with git log.

That is a very useful tip and helps me a lot. I would have never thought of using such dummy testing repository.

It is worth to collect all this tips for beginners in the Wiki, but I don't know, when I will have time to write it.

Kind regards
Regina