On Tue, 9 Dec 2014 15:14:24 -0500
Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> > On 09 Dec2014, at 15:11, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 13:48:44 -0600
> > Elizabeth Morgan <elizabethallynmor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> UPDATE:
> >> It's my entire development team that's encountering the issue at the
> >> moment -- we're having to refit a good number of computers, and all of
> >> them are detecting it as malicious after downloading from Sourceforge
> >> via official link from openoffice.org
> >
> > Remember that you can check the download for integrity by the methods
> > described in
> > http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
> >
> > Your team only need one download for each O/S. They can move it about on
> > USB key or DVD or network.
>
> I think Elizabeth’s point is that there is something amiss with the linkage
> from OpenOffice to SF to users. The problem, reading her post, could lie with
> SF. But my guess is that Elizabeth is more than competent to file an issue
> describing more precisely the problem so that we can resolve it.

I can certainly confirm, from many reports on the Forum, that Chrome is
identifying SourceForge OO files on the automatic download as malicious.  The
same reports suggest that the direct download link gives the same files without
triggering any malicious file warning from Chrome.

Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>