Hello

My two cents...
On such download problems, we never have answer to this:
- does the downloaded file have the correct checksum ?
This is not easy to check for an ordinary user, but Elizabeth Morgan should be able to do it.

If the checksum is incorrect, then it is indeed a problem.
Since Roberto knows the suspect mirrors, he could verify if these mirrors do indeed store compromised files, by testing their checksum.
I would not be surprised if the mirror files were found correct.

My idea is that Chrome flags a file as suspect, not because of the file content, but as a result of statistical data about similar file names retrieved from SourceForge or other sites. We know that SourceForge advertising contents sometimes provide (or provided) malicious files pretending to be OpenOffice.

Bernard

Message de Louis Suárez-Potts  date 2014-12-09 23:50 :