On 14/12/2014 jan i wrote:
On Saturday, December 13, 2014, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Very honestly, I would like that we don't depend on individuals for
project resources, but maybe it is easier for a developer to share an
existing virtual machine (and possibly get it running at Apache) than to
prepare a buildbot environment.
equally honest I would be happy if we just had 1 person prepared to do the
job. Wishing for multiple people is a luxury I  don't think we can afford.

Ah no, sorry, I didn't mean that (i.e., individuals opposed to groups). I meant: resources that are important for the project (like: the machine used to build our released binaries) should not be under the control of individuals. Compare: a VM used to build releases that is hosted on one developer's workstation, and is thus unreachable to other project members, and the same VM hosted at Apache where we can arrange access to other project members when needed/desired.

none of our buildbots run with release setting (something I have advocated
for a long time), so its unlikely that any asf vm was used.

OK, so let's wait a couple days for more details, since this is quite important: I know that Juergen builds Mac on his own hardware, but I don't know about the rest.

Regards,
  Andrea.