Sorry to answer late on this, got swamped by other emails and initiatives.
In line answers.

>  -- replying inline to --

SourceForge is definitely open and willing to do so, and let me add that by
doing that we would just go back to our own roots.
In fact the early working name for the SourceForge site was "Cold Storage" (
http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=3649) and they intended
it to be a permanent archive for important FOSS.

Having said that, for a long-standing project like AOO, even if the "old
code" will be of limited use to an end-user, but as a practical matter it's
important for projects to keep these early materials in case they are
needed to demonstrate code ownership or prior art.  We continue to view
this as part of our key mission -- where practicable we should provide
service to safeguard the availability of these materials.

Dave Brondsema, Apache Allura VP and SourceForge Lead Engineer, will follow
up in this thread providing support or guidance if needed. Few AOO
committers have already admin priv on the AOO mirror at SourceForge, and if
others need to get access it could be granted easily.

Hope that helps.

Roberto