On 12 Jul, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Gavin;
>
> Let me copy Don Lewis, who maintains the FreeBSD port @FreeBSD ...
>
> On 07/12/15 12:59, Gavin McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> On 12 Jul 2015, at 4:50 pm, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org
>>> <mailto:p...@apache.org>> wrote:

>>> It may be a download error, but also the old FreeBSD version that is
>>> being used has a very old toolchain.
>>
>> I have no idea why you keep saying we are using a very old version, I have
>> mentioned before:
>>
>> This is what the bb-fbsd2 buildbot slave is using:
>>
>> FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p10 (GENERIC) #0: Wed May 13 06:54:13 UTC 2015
>>
>> Can you tell me why you think we are on an older version?
>>
>> Gav?
>>

> https://ci.apache.org/buildslaves/bb-fbsd2_64bit
>
> Reports:
>
> FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE 64 bit buildbot for genberal projects use.
>
> Have you updated the compiler as I suggested previously?
>
> Perhaps there is some way to give Don access to the buildbot?
> He already signed an ICLA.

According to the bootstrap log, it's not a download problem.

I'm able to reproduce the problem here.  It looks like clang doesn't
like some of the code in CoinMP:

In file included from ClpSolve.cpp:347:
/tmp/openoffice/aoo-4.2.0/ext_libraries/coinmp/unxfbsdx.pro/misc/build/CoinMP-1.7.6/CoinUtils/src/CoinSignal.hpp:47:12:
 error:
      extension used [-Werror,-Wlanguage-extension-token]
   typedef typeof(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
           ^

The code fragment in question:

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(__GNUC__)
   typedef typeof(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
#  define CoinSighandler_t_defined
#endif

This has been changed in CoinMP-1.8.2 to:

#if defined(__FreeBSD__) && defined(__GNUC__)
   typedef __decltype(SIG_DFL) CoinSighandler_t;
#  define CoinSighandler_t_defined
#endif

Also, the buildbot errors are kind of random:

<https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/0/steps/build%20--all/logs/stdio>
fails coinmp.

<https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/1/steps/build%20--all/logs/stdio>
fails curl.

<https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/2/steps/build%20--all/logs/stdio>
fails coinmp.

<https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/3/steps/build%20--all/logs/stdio>
fails coinmp.

<https://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-fbsd-nightly/builds/4/steps/build%20--all/logs/stdio
fails nss.

The build order seems to vary from run to run, so maybe all three are
broken and we're just seeing the first failure.