Hi Jason,

Jason Marshall schrieb:
Hi Regina

Thank you for looking at this.  I have ensured that with a new Cygwin
session I have run the following successfully:

    /source winenv.set.sh/

Following that, I have run the following:

    /build --all:comphelper 2>&1 | tee mybuild.log/

The build again did not progress past building the 'comphelper' module
and appeared to have the same error as previously.  However, I have
attached the log file, 'mybuild.log' that was produced.

When I ran the 'configure' command, I ran this with the following
parameters:

    /./configure --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH"
    --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH" --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin"
    --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant"
    --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Java/jdk1.8.0_45"

--with-dmake-url="//https://github.com/mohawk2/dmake/archive/DMAKE_4_12.tar.gz//";

--with-epm-url="//https://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.gz//";
    --enable-pch --disable-atl --disable-activex --without-junit
    --disable-directx/

Please try with removed --enable-pch
"pch" is "precompiled header support"

--with-epm-url is not needed for Windows builds.

You might want to add --without-fonts, download of "gentium" sometimes fails.

I have also included as a file attachment the output of running
'configure' and can confirm that no errors were generated, although two
warnings were as follows, which appear to not be related to the issue here:

    /checking which cppunit to use... configure: WARNING: not using cppunit/
    /configure: WARNING: NSIS not found, no self contained installer
    will be build./

I also note from the 'configure' output that the source code is
identified as being in the 'tmp' directory as follows:

    /The variable SRC_ROOT          is set to: C:/cygwin/tmp/aoo-4.1.1/main/

Do you think that it may be better for me to delete the part of the
build that has succeeded and then unpack the source into another
directory that is not temp?  If so, would this simply be to the root of
the Cygwin file system?

Yes, I think it is better to put the source not under tmp or any other directory, which is set somewhere as temp-directory.

I have always use a directory directly under C:
I have always use names without special characters.
I have never tried to put the source somewhere inside cygwin, so I cannot say, whether that is possible.

To test, whether the tmp directory is the problem, please move the folder aoo-4.1.1 under C: and rename it to e.g. aoo411

You need to remove all remainders of previous build tries then.
In cygwin change to the main folder of your source, then use the following command (all in one line)
find . -maxdepth 2 -name "wntmsci12*" | xargs rm -rf

In addition you have to manually delete the wntmsci12* folders
in main/solver
in all subfolders of ext_libraries
in all subfolders of extras

Start with a new configure with parameters.

Hopefully it works better then.

Kind regards
Regina