On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Rob Weir <r...@robweir.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Roberto Galoppini
> <roberto.galopp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to nominate Dennis Hamilton (orcmid), for a number of
> reasons
> > we already discussed here, and more important to say because of his very
> > positive attitude towards collaboration within the PMC.
> >
> > He proved to be an excellent mediator and advisor to the group, always
> > respectful of the Apache Way and willing to help.
> >

> +1.
>
> I think Dennis would be a great choice, if he is willing.   I've known
> him for almost a decade now, from his volunteer work on the ODF
> standard and with ODF interoperability.   He was one of the few true
> volunteer members of the ODF TC, not working for any of the large
> commercial vendors, but gained the respect of all with his technical
> knowledge and experience, but also his willingness to work with all.
> He's a gentleman, something we don't see much anymore.   I met him
> once in Seattle at an ODF Plugfest and he made me appreciate the
> importance of thanking public bus drivers.  My mentioning all this
> will surely embarrass Dennis a little, but that's the kind of guy he
> is, and I want to make sure you know that.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

and my +1 for Dennis Hamilton as chair

 I think Dennis would be an excellent choice.

For what it's worth, he was also one of the original "endorsers" (well I
don't know the proper term is here) for bringing OpenOffice into the ASF:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal

I think this says a lot about his interest and enthusiasm for OpenOffice

> > Roberto

> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I will resign at the board meeting in September, so the current schedule
> >> looks like:
> >> Accept/Nominate/Discuss candidates until August 16th
> >> Discussion ends August 23th
> >> Voting ends September 4th
> >> Resolution send to board September 5th.
> >> New chair takes over immediately after the board meeting.
> >>
> >> <snip>
> >> Please use this mail thread to announce yourself as a candidate, or to
> >> nominate
> >> someone else (remark that person must state whether or not the
> nomination
> >> is
> >> accepted). There are no formal limits to being a nominee, apart from
> >> committer
> >> status.
> >>
> >> The rules for the vote, will depend on the number of candidates but is
> >> basically
> >> a majority vote, with PMC votes being binding.
> >>
> >> rgds
> >> jan i.

MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
                                                          --Lao Tzu