> On 31 Jul 15, at 17:40, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Rob Weir <r...@robweir.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Roberto Galoppini
>> <roberto.galopp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to nominate Dennis Hamilton (orcmid), for a number of
>> reasons
>>> we already discussed here, and more important to say because of his very
>>> positive attitude towards collaboration within the PMC.
>>>
>>> He proved to be an excellent mediator and advisor to the group, always
>>> respectful of the Apache Way and willing to help.
>>>

>> +1.
>>
>> I think Dennis would be a great choice, if he is willing.   I've known
>> him for almost a decade now, from his volunteer work on the ODF
>> standard and with ODF interoperability.   He was one of the few true
>> volunteer members of the ODF TC, not working for any of the large
>> commercial vendors, but gained the respect of all with his technical
>> knowledge and experience, but also his willingness to work with all.
>> He's a gentleman, something we don't see much anymore.   I met him
>> once in Seattle at an ODF Plugfest and he made me appreciate the
>> importance of thanking public bus drivers.  My mentioning all this
>> will surely embarrass Dennis a little, but that's the kind of guy he
>> is, and I want to make sure you know that.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> and my +1 for Dennis Hamilton as chair
>
> I think Dennis would be an excellent choice.
>
> For what it's worth, he was also one of the original "endorsers" (well I
> don't know the proper term is here) for bringing OpenOffice into the ASF:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
>
> I think this says a lot about his interest and enthusiasm for OpenOffice

+1 nomination for DH, too.

Note, DH also ran for Chair last time we went through this. And given the
abundance of reminders by Rich and others as to what a chair is and is not and
given also that DH has been involved with Apache since …? (ages)…  As well as
active with ODF (in numerous loci, despite his claims to be slightly less
engaged), and also Corinthia….

Cheers,
louis