Hi

I see there was a historical attempt to upgrade the build environment
to gbuild which migrated some modules
(https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort), and a
more recent attempt, Capstone 2013, to get AOO to build in Visual
Studio.

Have we chosen a final build system yet?

The reason I ask is that I became quite familiar with gbuild in the
course of migrating our unit tests to Google Test, and have already
successfully migrated one dmake module (formula) to gbuild, so if
there are no objections, I am going commit those changes and carry on
migrating other modules.

Our current hybrid build.pl + dmake/gbuild system is complex, ugly,
slow, unreliable, and hard to maintain, and I believe it's also a
barrier of entry for new developers
(https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_System_Analysis). LO has
already migrated their build system to pure gbuild. Shouldn't we?

Regards
Damjan