On 2/1/2016 2:41 PM, j.nitsc...@ok.de wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:08:06 -0800 Patricia Shanahan wrote:

Now I'm stuck. I got through configure, with warnings. My build attempt
failed with:

$ build --all
build -- version: 275224

=============
Building module solenv
=============

Entering /cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/solenv

/cygdrive/c/OpenOfficeDev/Trunk/main/solenv/bin/mkout.pl: line 1:
$':\r': command not found
mkout -- version: 1.8

The perl module mkout.pl starts with:

:
eval 'exec perl -wS $0 ${1+"$@"}'
      if 0;

My Perl is very rusty. Can anyone translate? Especially, the initial
line with just a ":" confuses both me and the build.

I took my problem to StackOverflow. See
http://stackoverflow.com/a/35140265/1798593

I worked around it by setting igncr in my Cygwin bash SHELLOPTS, and
the build is now building.

Patricia
interesting, how did you checkout the source?

I remember TortoiseSVN converted unix line endings to windows style
unless told otherwise. The original git-scm asks on installation how to
treat line endings. No idea how the cygwin subverion and git packages
behave.

You might run into other unexpected problems due line endings. (e.g.
scripts replacing \n with \r\n for windows)
I would checkout the source again.

Thanks. I did use TortoiseSVN, so that is probably the problem.