This does not seem like a very constructive response - I suggest reading Regina Henschel's message instead.

Unlike much of Apache's software, OpenOffice is intended to be used by normal end users. I wish every computer user used backups and revision control, avoiding a lot of misery. It is reasonable to expect a user of e.g. Hadoop to know about, and use, those things. It is not realistic to expect that of every OpenOffice user.