[BCC to PMC]

[From the Chair]
It is time for the selection of the next chair for the Apache OpenOffice
Project Management Committee.

INCUMBENT CHAIR

I officially began my term on the third Wednesday of September, 2015. My
commitment was to serve for one full year and then be replaced. I will complete
that one-year term and step down on the third Wednesday of September, 2016.  My
successor will then be established by the Apache Software Foundation Board.

Although I will continue as a member of the Project Management Committee and as
a contributor to the Apache OpenOffice project, I am not available to continue
as Chair beyond the 2016-09-21 ASF Board Meeting.  I am available to assist the
incoming Chair in any manner required for successfully transferring duties of
the Chair.

CHAIR ELECTION

Based on previous practice, nomination, discussion, and election periods are
held.  Here is my proposed time-line, from endgame backwards:

2016-09-21 ASF Board Meeting - Board rules on the resolution to install the new
Chair.

2016-09-14 Resolution from AOO PMC to accept the new Chair is added to the
Agenda for the 2016-09-21 Board Meeting (latest possible date)

2016-09-07 [RESULT][VOTE] on election of next Chair is reported.

2016-08-31 [VOTE] on election of next Chair begins (with allowance for US
Holiday weekend).  This could be by lazy consensus if there is already a single
acceptable candidate.

2016-08-17 [NOMINEE DISCUSSION] process begins formally and any discussion on
and among candidates willing to serve takes place.

2016-08-03 [NOMINATIONS] Individuals are recommended or offer themselves,
indicate their availability to serve for at least one single-year term, and
also have their own questions answered.

This process can be accelerated where it is seen that discussions have quieted
and consensus for moving forward is evident.

 - Dennis