On 01/28/2016 04:06 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> As I wrote a few day ago, in theory it would be good to release
> OpenOffice 4.2.0 in February. If it happens a bit later it wouldn't be a
> big issue, but I believe that, in the constant balance between periods
> where we are focused on talks (internal to OpenOffice and with the
> enlarged community) and periods where we are more focused on the
> OpenOffice product, it's time to start working again towards a release.
>
> For 4.2.0 we need a Release Manager. I would prefer NOT to be the
> Release Manager for 4.2.0 since I'm finding that in this period I can
> help more productively with tasks that do not require constant
> interaction than with tasks that require a constant monitoring of
> project channels.
>
> I am surely available to have a significant role in the 4.2.0 release,
> especially with getting localization working again (actually, this mail
> also serves as announcement that I am going to ask for higher privileges
> on the Pootle server in order to check the translation workflow); but if
> someone else steps in as a Release Manager we could deliver earlier.
>
> So if anyone is interested feel free to discuss this on list, or to
> contact me off-list if you prefer, or to discuss in person at FOSDEM
> next weekend!
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Hi all--

I am volunteering to be release manager for 4.2.0.  I have been involved
in all the AOO releases since 3.40, and I'm familiar with the process.
Like all of us involved with the project, I am a volunteer. Due to this,
I can not provide an expected release date. Releases, as we know are
community efforts. We'll release when we feel 4.2.0 is ready.

So, I will let this offer stand the weekend just in case someone else
feels they'd LOVE to do this. If we don't have any objections to my
being the next release manager over the next 72 hours, we can get
started next week ironing out what needs to be done. We will need LOTS
of help!

--
Kay Schenk
Apache OpenOffice