On 10/10/2017 11:49 AM, Marcus wrote:
Jim Jagielski wrote:
I was wondering... what do people think about going from 4.1.x all the
way straight to 4.5.0...
Since this next "major" release is pretty major, maybe a
bigger step in number might be justified. Especially if
we drop some older supported platforms.

We should focus on 4.1.4 until the release process is complete. And then we should start a proper discussion (that I'll be very happy to participate in, since my list of pending, realistic, proposals is getting longer and longer!) about the next release.

strong +1

To be honest, we have enough to do to get our 4.1.x release out. Therefore I doubt we should invest a single minute into the version numbering for the next but one release as it is not yet relevant.

my 2 ct.

Marcus

+1