At first glance it looks like it wants what we want, but on second glance it describes the removal of UNO from OpenOffice, and divide the Monolithic package we have into 3 packages along the layers. I think it is what Libre Office has already done. But for sure it will give hints on the issues we might face.

The Idea is to reuse old Architecture design for the SCon and MSVC migration, but stay in the monolithic package. It is more a move towards a stronger and better inner architecture, with the goal to be better able to do maintenance. I do really prefer your Idea on creating an UNO Project from OpenOffice in the long run when it comes to deviding the project into smaller Packages. This is a really strong OpenSource move. It creates opportunities for cooperation with other Projects. This is a good long term goal.

I only suggest to move along the bottom Layer because i hope for reduced refactoring work. Also I hope that the risk in steering up something bad is lower. So we can have a good success while migrating.