Hello,

You described it very well.

I myself have been following the development of ODF from the very beginning and
I have to underline what you write, or rather I have to take a critical look at
the approach of the TDF, because:

In terms of a free, uniform format for office documents and the declared
intention to formulate this standard as an ISO standard, it is regularly
counterproductive for LO to deviate from this and implement OASIS standard.

We all know what to think about MS in general ... but ... the approach of MS to
ODF to implement the ISO standard is an understandable and reasonable decision.

I make this assessment for the following reason:
if it wasn't important that ODF was defined as an ISO standard, you could have
stuck with the OASIS standard from the beginning.

> Maybe it is in OASIS' interest (and even TDF's?) that other
> software adopts ODF 1.3 and that they could/should provide
> some support/developer time?

Probably this is a pragmatically correct question and we have no real
possibility to behave better.

However, we should keep in mind that the behaviour of the TDF is not optimal as
far as the interests of the sum of all users are concerned.
It is likely that MS is playing a similar game with OOXML, but the FOSS
community should not see this as an example or excuse for their own actions.

greetings,
Jörg