On 2/19/2021 12:34 PM, F Campos Costero wrote:
> Hi Juan,
> I am not a developer but I have often seen the suggestion that new
> developers try to build OpenOffice from the source so they can begin to
> contribute. The build process could be politely described by "nontrivial"
> from what I have seen on this list. There is a guide here
> <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO>. Note
> the platform specific instructions near the bottom. What is your preferred
> platform?
> I hope I am not misrepresenting anything in the above.
> Thanks for volunteering!
> Francis

Francis;

I am not a developer either, but you hit the nail right on the head as
far as advice given by many of the developers. I am cc'ing Juan on this
as he is not subscribed to dev@ and would not have seen your excellent
advice.

The only thing I would add is for you to subscribe to this mailing list
by sending an e-mail to dev-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org You will
receive a reply (also check your spam folder) just click reply to it and
you should get a reply that you are that you are subscribed (again it
could end up in your spam folder). This is the best place to get help or
questions answered by the developers, and also were decisions affecting
the project get made.

Regards
Keith