Hello,

No, I'm not.

Where can I find an archive of this list so I can look at it?

> If so, I would appreciate your (possibly constructive :-) criticism,
> as I tried to reply to a couple of people but I do not seem to have
> had any success so far.

My, described, personal experiences come from the time of OOo [!], the problem
was then, however, almost identical to the situation today:
Too many experienced people don't understand that newcomers, who have no FOSS
project experience, don't understand the meritocratic way of working and
therefore misunderstand the liberal request 'find yourself the part of the
project you want to work on' as 'I don't feel like giving you concrete help'.

It is our mistake to pretend to deprive the newcomers of their freedom, only if
we assign them concrete work. And I name this mistake by saying that we raise
the tool (!) "meritocracy" to the status of a religion.

greetings,
Jörg