Hi Mathias,

> Usually the german text is the "real one" because most people creating
> the UI specs are native german speakers and we usually need a native
> english speaker to create useful english texts.
>
> So IMHO we still need the german strings in the specifications. The only
> alternative is to have native english speakers writing the specification
> part dealing with the strings, but that is unlikely to happen.

The fact that native German speakers write the specs doesn't mean that
the German strings don't need linguistic review ;). So, I don't see *too
much* of a difference if we would decide that specs from now on only
contain English strings - linguistic review is needed in any case.

If the spec writer is not able to express the intended meaning of a UI
text to *at least* the extent that the linguistic rewiewer understands
it, and can make a "clean" English text out of it ... well, then the
spec writer is doing something wrong (by writing an English spec), anyway.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -