Hi,

Michiel of OTRS thought, this could be more suitable for the dev list, so I
post it here again...

I've got a problem with the new auto completion for customers. Each time either
the already typed part of the name or one field of the suggested cutomers
contains a German umlaut (or other special chars) the suggestion box doesn't
appear. I think it's an IIS speciality :-)

OTRS 2.4.3 / IIS 6.0 / MS SQL / DB customer backend

I already tried a few things...

Add "escape" method here (AgentCustomerSearch.dtl) will fix the umlaut problen
in the search string, but all spaced will be double-encoded. Spaces seem to be
already encoded by YUI control.

        myAutoComp.generateRequest = function(sQuery) {
          return "?Action=AgentCustomerSearch&Search=" + escape( sQuery );
        };

Replace the code snipped that uses "Ascii2Html" (AgentCustomerSearch.pm) by
inserting "HTML::Entities::encode" into the following code. To get the
suggestion box to work I have to encode the plain value as well, so this hack
is not very good.

            push @Data, {
                CustomerKey        => $CustomerUserID,
                CustomerValue      =>
HTML::Entities::encode($CustomerUserList{$CustomerUserID}),
                CustomerValuePlain =>
HTML::Entities::encode($CustomerValuePlain),
            };

With these hacks the box appears each time it should but it produces new
problems: the search string must not contain spaces and the plain value in
result array is destroyed.

Encoding in DB and HTML pages of OTRS UI are correct.

I hope to get some suggestions to fix this. An IIS configuration issue? THX!

Timo Rupp
Leiter Entwicklung

Huber Verlag für Neue Medien GmbH
Lorenzstraße 29
D-76135 Karlsruhe
Tel. +49 721 15118-0
Fax +49 721 15118-11
r...@huberverlag.de
www.huberverlag.de

Huber Verlag für Neue Medien GmbH   -   high speed information
Sitz Karlsruhe, Registergericht: Mannheim (HRB 110836)
Ust.-Identnummer DE213372792, Geschäftsführer: Rainer Kölmel