Hi David,

Probably I didn’t get the point, the new architecture of OTRS will enable the
scheduler to perform different kind of tasks that are currently delegated to
Cron and other parts of OTRS itself, in OTRS 5 you will only need to monitor
the process that controls the scheduler is up and running to make sure that the
service will be working. For sure you still need to monitor you http server and
your DB.

You will get more details about the new scheduling mechanism and other new
features when OTRS 5 Beta 1 gets GA.

((enjoy))

Carlos Rodríguez