Hi, as far as I have understood, Custom directory is for customization of
existing modules (i.e. you create a modified layout for a specific view).

The tool you mentioned is used when you are developing a new module for
OTRS, and it is useful to put symbolic links of the files into main
"Kernel" directory of OTRS.

After you have created and successfully tested the module, you can create
the proper .opm package to be installed via Package Manager function.

link,pl is not a way to install a custom module in the system, is just a
tool to make it work while you're developing and testing it.

juanm.clav...@ibsalut.es>:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m about to engage in the custom-code migration from OTRS 3.1 to OTRS 5.
>

> I’ve been reading the developers manual and I’m intrigued by the
> module-tools/link.pl script. As I understand it, its purpose is to
> replace the Kernel modules by the custom ones. Is it so? If this is
> correct, then I do not need to link if I’m using the Custom folder, right?
> Or is the Custom folder no longer supported in OTRS 5? I haven’t found any
> reference in the manual.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Juan Clavero

*Lynx International Srl*
*Stefano Finetti*
*http://www.lynx-international.com <http://www.lynx-international.com>*

*Lynx International Srl is a part of AXED Group*
Via Pier Luigi Nervi e/3 - Torre 6 - 04100 Latina

--
This e-mail and any files transmitted contain documentation which is highly
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to