On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Robby Findler
<ro...@eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> I don't think the libraries are sufficient as is, but I would resist
> adding aliases.
>
> Perhaps a better way to get people coming from Haskell would be to
> write an essay specifically aimed there?
>
>   - Step 1: use variables.
>   - Step 2: here are `for` loops!

Instead of an essay, this could be a guide for Haskellers/MLers/
Whatever-ers, which would make it easy to get results into documentation
searches, and that would make it easy to address issues that cannot be
resolved with a new binding like the bad argument order in `take` or the
different input function for the folds.

(Another point for avoiding a `zip` binding is that it's much more
likely to collide with user defined functions than it is in other
languages.)