On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 22:28 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
>
> On Monday, 2008-03-17 21:23:11 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>
> > > [... separators at ScAddress::Convention ...]
> > Well, that code was implemented before ScGrammar arrived in DEV300_m2.
> > So, I couldn't have used ScGrammar at the time I implemented.
>
> Understood.
>
> > Of course now that we have ScGrammar I'll be happy to use it instead.
> >
> > > [... the separators ...] They should be merged into the SymbolsNative map
> > > instead.
> >
> > Sure.  I'll look into that.
>
> Thanks.

Just finished.  Now I don't use ScAddress::Convention all over the place
but simply put the localized separators in the mxSymbolsNative and
mxSymbolsEnglish.  I still need to work on per-locale separator mapping,
though.  But I'll get to that later.

> > The idea I envisioned was just to use one global formula convention
> > control both the address convention and the rest of the formula
> > convention (such as the argument and array separators), and expose
> that
> > to the UI as well.
>
> If I didn't get you wrong that is what ScGrammar effectively does or
> is
> prepared for, take a look at the details.

I did, and I'm pretty sure ScGrammar is what I'm looking for. :-)  The
way ScGrammar is used throughout ScCompiler, ScFormulaCell etc looks
exactly like what I was trying to achive with the ScAddress::Convention
earlier.

> That's just my quick brainstorm, does it sound feasible?

I think so.  I'll have to implement and see how it looks in the actual
implementation, but it sounds feasible.

For now, I've just taken care of the separators (committed to
koheiformula01 cws).  I still need to work on switching the address
convention based on the grammar, but I'll get to that later, probably
tomorrow.

Thanks for your input.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida - OpenOffice.org Engineer - Novell, Inc.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>