Well the email list is not public atm.  That's probably the problem.
We could create a shell gmail account for the svn emails and have that
same account subscribed to the group.  Then set up forwarding.  That
should work.

Which brings us to the issue of the list permissions.  One option is
to require the moderator approval to join the list (I believe that's
what its set to now.)  We could rubber stamp people who want to join
but also remove them if they're acting like assholes.  Or just let the
floodgates open.  The problem with the open flood gate approach is
that it would be hard to switch back to the other model if we changed
our mind.

I'm not sure where I stand on this.  What does the rest of the group think?

Sean

On 8/3/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/3/06, Sean Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lets think on the package names a bit.

OK.

  I set up a google group for
> us.  I tried adding the svn commit messages to the group but I'm not
> sure that's possible.  Maybe we just add each "commiter" manually as
> we go?

Hmm ... looks like you have it set up right ... maybe commit mail isn't
working yet.

It also looks like we can only have one destination address for the commits.

Sean

Craig