On 10/18/06, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/25/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Someone on IRC brought up a good point about the Shale home page:  We
> don't say what Shale *is* until 1/3 of the way down the page.
>
> I think the information in the paragraph that starts "Thus, Shale
> is..." belongs up at the top of the page.
>
> Thoughts?  Volunteers to fix it? :)

<snip/>

We really need to do this. I plan to make some changes as time permits
(probably next week):

* Remove logo bit from home page
* Move the historical out to its own page
* Try to add features-* pages content to the site sections of their
own modules (for example, the description in the dialog module site -
thanks Craig - is much more accurate and upto date that the
corresponding features page)
* Point to module sites rather than features-* where feasible
* Move download and documentation (which is really Javadocs) sections
to their own pages
* The mailing lists and issue tracking blurbs on home page can go
IMO, redundant given the LHS menu contains the links (need to add ML
link)

Thanks Rahul ... +1 on all of these.

One additional note on the "features" sections.  With the way things are now
spread out into submodules, I think we'll be able to completely get rid of
these by the time we're done, because the information will have been
distributed onto the submodule pages already.  But, we'll also want to make
sure that the submodule list is up to date in every website (IIRC it is
manually maintained via cut-n-paste) to reflect the new additions.

As for me, I'm planning on finishing up the main page for shale-dialog, and
adding the rest of the stuff from features-dialog to the shale-dialog-basic
page, in the next couple of days.

And then some new content, hopefully soon.

-Rahul

Craig