I've been trying to determine a better strategy for detecting the supplier and
version of the JSF runtime. This has to do with a open JIRA ticket [1]. I
attempted to create a utility class to determine the implementor of the runtime
and the JSF spec version [2]. This was a real hack but I didn't see a better
way and I'm still not sure the best way to dynamically extract this version
information. Besides knowing the JSF version (1.1, 1.2), we need the
implementation version (myfaces 1.1, 1.3...). I was thinking about trying to
read the manifest but haven't figured out a good method. This seems like it
should be part of the JSF API?

Any ideas?

Gary

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-418