From: Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 28, 2005 9:15 AM
Subject: RE: How to find out which implementation is running
To: MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Well...

I see two alternatives:

1) We add one/two method to javax.faces.application.Application
   eg. getImplName() and getSpecVersion()
  But that would require a spec change...

2) We ask that at startup one of the implementation classes adds
  the information as a managedBean or a external-context variable
  This could be added also without a spec change, just need to
  agree with the RI-people on an identifier to use...

regards
Alexander