>From: "Craig McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 3/30/07, Gary VanMatre wrote:
> > >From: "Matthias Wessendorf"
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > are you guys OK w/ changing the dependency for Spring-XXX to 2.0.x,
> > > instead of 1.2.x ?
> > > My current app depends hardly on Spring 2.0.x and the Shale-Spring-JAR
> > > causes "fun" b/c of that.
> > >
> > > Only for the 1.10-Snap (trunk) stuff.
> > >

> > I would think that the 1.10 snapshot would be OK.
>
> I am fine with that (presuming that it works, of course, but that
> shouldn't be an issue AFAICT).
>
> > I'd also like to move the 1.10 snapshot to Java 1.5 and specifically target
> JSF 1.2.
> >

> That's a bit more aggressive :-), but is also something we should talk
> about more. Besides the ability to use annotations, this would also
> let us review our APIs and use generics where they make sense.

Yeah, I'm in love with the new generics.

In terms of Clay, I really think we need to pick a JSF version.  We are not
going to be able to support the new EL method bindings in 1.2 until we make a
commitment.  I'd also like to see clay annotations in addition to XML and HTML
configs.

I'm not sure what the best timing for this will be.  I know that I'm going to
be busy learning .Net for the next few months so I'm not pushing for a
decision.....

> Craig

Gary