>From: "hughes.matt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> As best as I can tell there is a bug in the ViewPhaseListener in shale-view
> that is breaking other libraries, namely ajax4jsf by removing ALL entries
> from the request map. I'd gladly fix this, but I can't tell what the code
> should be doing.

What I think is going on here is that the phase listener is collecting
"ViewController" objects that are explicitly removed from request
scope.  Forcing the object to be removed will fire the destroy
callback method on the shale enhanced managed beans [1].

I think the second loop should be looking for realization/
generalization the of the View annotation, AbstractApplication,
AbstractRequestBean, AbstractSessionBean, and ViewController
versus blindly treating every request value as one of those types.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-view/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/view/faces/LifecycleListener.java?view=markup