Hi!
I sent out an e-mail to the Shale mailing list a week or so ago about the
possibility of merging Shale with MyFaces. Development of Shale has become
somewhat stale, and I'd rather see MyFaces pickup the pieces than have the
code base atrophy The overwhelming consensus for the Shale list is "yes"
(and Craig is no exception). What does the MyFaces PMC think?
I am +1.

I think we just have to define which modules we would like to take over:
(BTW, this list is not to offend anyone, if this might happen, then sorry in advance - it might be just due to not sensitively enough choosen english wording.)

   * Application Controller
Don't know. I thought action oriented frameworks are outdated, though, Seam seems to introduce this paradigm again too.

   * Clay
Don't know. I am happy that we (I) moved away from html to components.

   * Core Library
Might be a must have

   * Dialog Manager
   * Dialog Manager (Basic Implementation)
   * Dialog Manager (SCXML Implementation)
The Dialog Manager might be a next step for MyFaces Orchestra. Anyway, I hope that one of the original developers is still there to help out with things.

   * Remoting
Unsure, as most of this can be done with PPR too.

   * Spring Integration
Unsure, I didn't get whats the advantage to the intregration with Spring

   * Test Framework
Must have I think

   * Tiger Extensions
Interesting, however, I'd like to tell everyone to use Spring as MB facility. And then Spring needs to provide such annotations (which are already existent I think)

   * Tiles Integration
See Clay.

   * Validator Support
A generic client/server validation library for JSF would be REALLY nice. Just, I don't like the idea just having a single component for this (val:commonsValidator), at least, this one needs to be extended.

   * View Controller
This needs to be reviewed and merged with the Orchestra one if possible

I am not going to vote an any of these components yet, first, I'd like to see a discussion about them. The reason is simple, even MyFaces has some "man/women power" problems currently I think. If no one is willing to pick up one of these modules they are dead in MyFaces land too. Point is, that too many dormand modules in MyFaces might harm the MyFaces community. We might create a dormand section where we move those modules then to express that we are waiting for someone with some urge to pick them up again.

Ciao,
Mario