>From: "Matthias Wessendorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi,
>
> as discussed already (here/[EMAIL PROTECTED]) there will be a move of
> Shale (or some parts of it),
> into MyFaces.
>
> But, before a thing like that will happen, we should release
> 1.0.5
> 1.1.0

I'd like to see another release.  I know there are several outstanding bugs
logged that need addressed.  I hammered down a few several months ago but have
not made the time to dig in again.  I saw that Rahul did some work last week
too.

I think another release would be important on both branches.  If we decide to
merge with myfaces and don't take all of the existing modules, I'm not sure
what that will do to people have investments in shale.  For example, Ryan Wynn
has shared that they have developed a very large portal (man years of
development) using Clay.  That's just one example and I'm sure there are others
that have taken advantage of other parts of shale.

For this reason, I'm rethinking the "cafeteria" proposal.  I plan to be more
active in the future.   IMO, Shale is a lost leader now.  Maybe Shale should
consider pulling in more volunteers.   That seems to be a secret to Struts
success over the years.  That leads to the next question, would they all be
myfaces commiter anyway and would it just make sense to join communities.

Gary