On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd rather see the Shale community grow this library and the Shale project.
> However, if the communities feel that the only way we can find volunteers to
> contribute to its ongoing growth (seems a bit snobbish) is to move to
> MyFaces, then so be it.

+1. I'm not saying I'm dead set against a MyFaces merger. If that's
the best thing for the Shale project, then let's go do it. But I would
much rather see efforts to grow the Shale community, rather than take
one node that has a lot of interest and move it somewhere else.  I
don't think we've really explored the options that involve keeping all
of Shale here.

As to Simon's argument that Shale Test is linked exclusively to JSF, I
think that applies to the whole framework. We can't work towards a JSF
2 version of the other components without having a JSF 2 codebase to
link to. So if Test is being held back by that dependency then so is
the rest of the project.

Greg