Good morning,

I’m hoping some shindig veterans can help shed some light into the reason that
Shindig makes HTTP rpc calls to itself as part of the gadget rendering process.
 Why is this done as opposed to retrieving information via internal Java method
calls?  We hare having lots of issues where this approach seems to be causing a
cascading failure when calls get hung up in the HTTPFetcher class.

Also, I’m curious what calls are made in this manner and how can they be
configured?  I have seen retrieval of viewer data done this way, as well as
application data.

I’ve looked for documentation on this topic before and have not seen any.   Any
help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Matt Merrill