Hi,
It looks like a well documented and complete contribution covering non
OSGi configuration and dealing with multiple contexts. I think that is
a widely held generic use case, even if for many projects only one
context is considered.

As such, I think it has a place in Sling, if only to save downstream
products going through the expense and pain of implementing the same.
I am not certain where it should go. Probably a contrib area under
trunk rather than something that is central to starting a Sling
instance.

On that basis, provided all barriers to contribution to Sling are
cleared and copyright can safely be assigned to the ASF, I am +1 on
accepting the contribution (with recognition and thanks for the hard
work involved).

Best Regards
Ian