hi Julian

On Dec 5, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Julian Sedding <jsedd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Antonio
>
> I agree with Justin that we should start with support for resource-types.

as said I agree we should have support for both.
E.g. sling.filter.pattern, sling.filter.resourceType

> Using path-based restrictions strongly couples configuration to
> content, which IMO is not a good practice.

At the end of the day is the developer choice to choose the one she needs.
In my case for example I cannot use the resource type approach.
See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3829

regards

antonio