Hi

The point is that we should implement what we need and ignore what we don’t
need.

For some use cases it would indeed be good to be simply able to filter on the
URL path (or resource path) like in the Servlet API itself. Consider for
example a content management system where you want to apply a filter to all
requests to user generated content which might live at /content/public.

For other cases, being able to filter on a resource type is more appropriate.
Again, consider a content management system and you want to apply the filter to
all requests for web page resources of resource type cms/webpage.

Then there is a combination even, where you might have resources spread all
over but you want to apply the filter only to, say, web pages in user generated
content, so you filter on the /content/public location further finer graining
it to cms/webpage.

These could be use cases. Do we need it ? I don’t know. For SLING-3829 it would
be use full to have it.

Regards
Felix