Hi Andy,

On Thu, 2015-11-05 at 08:14 -0800, Andreas Schaefer Sr. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I create a new issue to make the Sling Connector (anything that
> checks or deploys resources onto Sling) IDE independent:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5268
>
> When I developed the first draft of the IntelliJ plugin my biggest
> problem was to incorporate the Sling Connector code into the IntelliJ
> plugin. There were two main issues I had to deal with: OSGi bundles
> and Eclipse’s I-classes.
>
> In order to make it easier to create new Sling plugin for other IDEs
> and to ease the adoption of updates the Sling Connector code should
> be made IDE independent by Interfaces / Abstract classes.

I would be happy to make the code as consumable as possible for other
IDEs. I tried to keep the concerns separated as much as possible, but
sometimes that hasn't worked out :-)

And for some things ( e.g. ResourceChangeCommandFactory ) I chose to
make the implementation Eclipse-specific as I had no idea how it would
work for other IDEs.

Let's continue the discussion on the Jira issue, we probably need to
create specific sub-tasks for the individual problems that need to be
fixed.

Cheers,